Competition and markets are now more complex than ever , and misunderstandings are numerous , regardless of the business sector concerned . An orientation system that is understood across all sectors and countries and makes quality comparable is a helpful basis for many decisions . Anyone who clearly communicates performance and quality has all of the advantages .
This is precisely where ISO9001 comes in . ISO9001 is an internationally recognized quality management system that not only provides companies with a significant competitive advantage , but also with the basis of universal and market-oriented corporate development .
What is ISO9001?
ISO 9001 has become the most popular of all ISO Standards . Enterprises from all industry sectors understand that an ISO 9001-based management system effectively supports their operation .
This voluntary standard is concerned with quality management-all the organization does to ensure that its products conform to its customer¡¯s requirements .
Customer satisfaction , from the first contact until the final product or service is supplied , including after sales service , is the ultimate objective-a total quality system .
Enterprises from all industry sectors understand that the implementation of a quality system according ISO 9001 will contribute to improved quality performance , a better reputation and more profit by specifying corrective and focusing on management systems and documentation that proves the effectiveness of these systems .
With the Plan-Do-Check-Act(PDCA) approach , ISO 9001 provides enterprises with management tools to improve their business performance (defining policy and objectives , monitoring and measuring process and product characteristics , specifying corrective and preventive actions and encouraging continuous improvement) .
What are the Benefits of ISO9001?
International experience shows that significant business benefits are accrued by companies that comply with the standard .
- Complete customer satisfaction
- Efficiency and productivity (minimizing defect costs and optimizing process sequences)
- Minimization of risks in product liability
- Reduced inspection and testing costs
- Reduced costs through fewer communication and manufacturing errors
- Consistency of service or product performance
- Motivation of employees due to fewer errors and complaints
- Transparency through clearly defined processes
- Continuous process and structural improvements
- Identification and minimization of weakness
- Competitive edge through an internationally recognized certificate